Glucophage is a tableted product for the treatment of pancreatic diabetes type 2. Its main active ingredient is Metformin. This is one of the most effective drugs for the reduction of the glucose level in the blood that does not have side effects as insulin or insulinlike medicines.
The action of Glucophage is not related to the increase of the insulin production, but it deals with the decrease of the glucose production and increase of its sensitivity. Here are several main factors when the use of Metformin lowers the sugar level in the blood:
- Decreased insulin-resistance
- Reduced absorption of the glucose in the intestine
- Reduced production of glucose by liver
In most cases, patients should not take insulin or other medicines with analogical action additionally. Due to the increased sensitivity of the glucose to endogenic insulin, the normal values of the sugar level is controlled in the blood.
Many patients especially women use Glucophage to lose weight. There is information that says that Metformin is a good product for the weight loss. The use of Glucophage favors a weight loss and is recommended heavy people with pancreatic diabetes type 2. But this is just an additional effect. The mechanism of the weight loss is rather simple. Due to the disorder of the glucose absorption in the intestine, patients do not get enough calories, so that the body uses the accumulated fats to cover the energy consumption. But this is a slow and low-effective way to lose weight, especially if you have a normal level of glucose in the blood and do not have pancreatic diabetes type 2.
In what dose is Glucophage used?
A dose of Glucophage may be adjusted depending on the medical image of a patient.
- Patients who do not get insulin should take a pill of Glucophage 1000 mg per day
- If the effect is low, a dose is increased by 500 mg or 1000 mg per day
- The maximal daily dose of Glucophage is 2000 mg
The pills are used directly during meals with enough water. A daily dose may be divided into several times.
- Patients taking insulin should take 500-1000 mg of Glucophage per day
- If the effect is low, the dose of Glucophage is increased, and the dose of insulin is reduced
- A complete medical examination of kidneys, blood tests for lactic acid level in the plasma should be done once per 6 months during the treatment, and the endocrine functions should be checked
- Glucophage is not recommended people with severe diseases of kidneys
- According to the manufacturers information, heart failure increases a risk of lactacidemia during the use of Glucophage. Therefore this group of patients should be careful and have an additional medical examination
The use of Metformin is stopped during the appearance of lactacidemia. This is the severest and the most dangerous side effect which may occur during the use of Glucophage.
Other side effects are light or do not bother patients. In rare cases, digestion disorders, dry mouth, and low appetite may happen.
Buy Glucophage online
Buying Glucophage online will save your time because you do not have to look for this medicine in the pharmacies in the city. If you have questions as to the correct use of the drug, feel free to contact our consulting office. A qualified pharmacist will give the required recommendations as to the safe use of Glucophage without a prescription. Representatives of the online pharmacy will tell your how to buy Glucophage with a discount.