Hydrea is a cytostatic drug that blocks a growth of cells and stops a development of the tumor process. It contains an active ingredient Hydroxycarbamide. It is suggested that this ingredient slows down synthesis of DNA, so that the growth of the tissue is arrested, and a risk of relapse is reduced. At the same time, Hydrea does not influence on the formation of RNA and protein synthesis.
Hydrea quickly penetrates into different tissues; for example, cerebrospinal fluid has 10-20% from the concentration in the plasma, and ascetic fluid has 15-50% from the concentration in the plasma. About 80% of the ingredient is discharged with urine within 12 hours.
Hydrea may be used during many diseases:
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia
- True polycythemia (erythremia)
- Ovarian cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Head and neck tumors
The medication may be used only before or instead of the radiation treatment. The use of the drug during the radiation treatment may cause an aggravation of the side effects. The scheme of the therapy is individual depending on the patient’s clinical picture.
In what dose is Hydrea used?
Hydrea is produced in capsules that should be taken orally. But it is not obligatory to swallow them. In case of the difficult swallowing, the capsule may be opened; then add its content to a glass of water and take it. Some deposit may be left on the bottom of the glass, but this is additive agents which do not affect the therapeutic characteristics of the drug.
Choosing doses of Hydrea, do not rely on the general recommendations. A dose is individual. But if you do not have a detailed scheme of a doctor, the drug may be taken in accordance with manufacturer’s instruction:
- Resistant chronic myelogenous leukemia: from 20 to 30 mg/kg once daily. The treatment may take indefinite time
- Erythremia: the treatment starts from the daily dose of 15-20 mg/kg. An optimal dose for most patients is 500 to 1000 mg per day
- Carcinoma of head and neck, carcinoma of uterine neck: 80 mg/kg once a day, every three days in combination with the radiation treatment
Patients with diseases of kidneys should take lower doses.
- You do not have to take Hydrea during pregnancy and breast-feeding. If the medication is prescribed during lactation, it is better to use the formula feeding
- Before the treatment, it is necessary to take the blood test. If the test showed leukopenia or thrombocytopenia, the treatment is not prescribed
- Patients under 16 years old are not prescribed Hydrea because a safety of the drug is not studied in children’s oncologic practice
- If severe anemia, renal/hepatic failure, deficit of lactase, the use of Hydrea may be contraindicated. It is necessary to see a doctor and get individual recommendations
As any cytostatic drug, Hydrea has side effects. They usually appear in the first 1-2 weeks of the treatment and grow during the dose increase. But if a medical scheme is followed, discomfort may be minimized.
But you should be ready that using Hydrea may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, increased activity of “hepatic” enzymes, increased fatigue, sleepiness, disorientation, hallucinations, and spasms.
Do not self-treat the side effects. Tell your doctor about all symptoms in order to control the treatment.
Buy Hydrea online
In spite of a common opinion, cancer is treated. It is necessary to start an anti-tumor therapy in time. Buying Hydrea will help to stop the growth of the cancerous tumor and reduce the risks related to cancer. But Hydrea is for sale at a reasonable price in not all pharmacies. Most pharmacy chains set extra charges.