Indocin is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory medication. It provides an anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antifebrile action. A mechanism of the action is related to inhibition of COX enzyme. It does not differ from other NSAID but the advantage of Indocin is a well tolerance.
Indomethacin is an active ingredient. The ingredient starts acting in 30-40 minutes, and half-life is about 4.5 hours. The drug is not accumulated in the body, and therefore it is not toxic and causes less side effects than the analogical drugs.
Indocin may be used during many inflammatory diseases with pain syndrome:
- Rheumatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism, psoriatic arthritis, gouty arthritis,
- Neuralgia, myalgia
- Rheumatic soft tissue damage, diffuse connective tissue diseases
- Post-traumatic and post-operative pain syndrome
- Headache and/or toothache
- Conducting diagnostic procedures
In what dose is Indocin taken?
Indocin is produced in the form of capsules for oral use. There is Indomethacin in the form of ointment but it acts locally. The capsules are absorbed into the gastro-intestinal tract, and the active ingredients penetrate into the blood providing the central systemic action. The capsules are quickly dissolved in the stomach in comparison with pills but they should be taken entirely and without breaking it. Take the medications after meals with a full glass of water.
An initial dose of Indocin is 25 mg. It acts up to 8 hours, and therefore the capsules may be taken up to 3 times a day. If the effect is weak, the daily dose may be increased up to 50 mg. the capsules Indocin 50 mg may be also taken 3 times a day. The maximal daily dose of Indocin is 500 mg.
- Do not take Indocin during congenital heart disease, heart failure, severe arrhythmia, and angina
- If you have recently had a surgery on heart, do not take this medication
- If you have noticed that stomachache or heartburning, vomiting appear during the use of Indocin, it is necessary to examine the gastrointestinal tract. If gastric ulcer is diagnosed, stop taking the capsules
- If you are taking Indocin and pregnancy has occurred during the treatment, stop the treatment. This ingredient is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation
- It is better to use other medications as an anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving product in children under 14 years old
Any medication has undesirable effects, and Indocin is not an exception. There are symptoms that appear often but they do not have a harmful action on the body. These are nausea, diarrhea, buzzing in ears, headache, and skin rash.
There are symptoms that appear rare (mainly during overdose) but they are harmful: dysfunction of kidneys, tachycardia, high blood pressure, and gastropathy. In this case, you should consult a doctor and discuss a possibility to cancel or change the scheme of the treatment.
Buy Indocin online
If you cannot find Indocin at a reasonable price in the pharmacies, do not be upset. Now it is easy to order Indocin online at a wholesale price from a manufacturer. The online pharmacy does not have a deficit of medical products because the supplied come from the official distributors. It helps to maintain a low level of prices on Indocin and to guarantee a high quality of the drug.