Vantin is a brand name of Cefpodoxime which has a wide antimicrobial action and neutralizes the action of bacteria. This antibiotic is from the group of cephalosporin of the 3d generation. This is the best alternative to penicillin antibiotics because Vantin has approximately the same pharmacological characteristics but it is more resistant to the action of beta-lactamase.
As to pathogenic microflora, Vantin provides a bactericidal action. It does not penetrate inside cells but causes a destruction of the cellular wall of bacteria, so that they completely die in the healthy environment of the immune system.
Vantin is used for the treatment of the inflammatory diseases of the infectious origin: tonsillitis, pharyngitis, acute sinusitis, acute bronchitis, pneumonia, infected wounds, boils, urethritis, cystitis, gastrointestinal infections and so on.
Vantin has a high level of the pharmacological safety due to which it can be used in senior people over 65. Senior patients are recommended to lower the daily dose but there is no additional load to the cardiovascular system, kidneys and liver if all recommendations are followed.
Vantin is released in oval pills for the oral use. The color of the pill differs depending on the dose of the active ingredient:
- Vantin 100 mg pills are orange
- Vantin 200 mg pills are red
How to take Vantin?
The Vantin pills are taken orally during meals, with enough water.
- Adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed Vantin 200 mg 2 times per day (in the morning and evening).
- Children at the age of 8 to 12 years are recommended Vantin 100 mg 2 times per day.
- The length of the treatment is individual and usually takes 7 to 14 days.
- Vantin should be carefully prescribed patients who have an allergic reaction to penicillin antibiotics. If the skin allergic reaction happens during the treatment, the use of Vantin is stopped.
- The safety of the use of Vantin during pregnancy is not indicated, and therefore a decision about using this antibiotic during pregnancy is made by a doctor.
- Children under 8 years old do not use Vantin.
Probable side effects
In some cases, Vantin causes digestion disorder, diarrhea, nausea, headaches, slight increase of ureas and creatinine level in the blood.
The frequency of the side effects during the use of Vantin is not higher than using other antibiotics. The rule out is patients with high sensitivity to Cefpodoxime. They may have severer side effects during which the treatment is stopped.
How to buy Vantin?
Do not waste your time on searching of Vantin in the pharmacies of your city. Even if you find this antibiotic in the city pharmacies, you cannot buy it without prescription. You can buy Vantin without prescription only on the Internet. Buying Vantin online without prescription will take several minutes. You can place the order sitting at your desk.
Buying Vantin online you can receive a free qualified help of a pharmacist who will answer any your question and tell how to take Vantin without prescription.